The increasing number of cyber-attacks has made it imperative for organizations to ensure that their software is secure. The first step towards securing software is to provide good training.
However, as a program administrator, deploying effective training can be challenging; this is where Security Journey comes to help.
In this article, we’ll break down Recommended Learning Paths and what kind of learning paths Security Journey offers on our Application Security Education Platform.
What Are Recommended Learning Paths?
Our Recommended Learning Paths consist of a series of lessons carefully curated by our team of application security experts. These paths have been designed to help administrators choose the most relevant lessons for their learners to complete the curriculum and become proficient in building secure software.
The efficiency of each person in their respective role in the software development life cycle (SDLC) is crucial. Our paths ensure that learners are only involved in training that is relevant to them, making the best use of their training time.
The benefits of our Recommended Learning Paths include:
- Easy Administration - Our paths take the guesswork out of choosing lessons to meet your organization's specific needs.
- Quick Compliance - Achieve regulatory compliance or promptly respond to post-breach audit recommendations.
- Targeted Training - Ensure that all development roles receive the necessary lessons to improve knowledge and build skills.
Role-Based Learning Paths
Different roles come with different responsibilities and require specific skills and knowledge. That’s why the team at Security Journey created role-based training to provide the right training to the right people at the right time.
Security Journey’s Role-Based Learning Paths consist of carefully selected lessons catering to each role involved in creating software.
We currently have learning paths for the following roles:
- Business Learner
- Web Developer, Front-End
- Web Developer, Back-End
- Native Developer
- Mobile Developer (iOS)
- Mobile Developer (Android)
- Data Scientist
- Cloud Engineer
- Privacy Engineer
Each path has multiple levels of learning that progressively build on each other. Each level within a learning path contains no more than 24 lessons, ensuring your team's valuable time is well spent.
Beyond levels 1-3, we have additional content based on the preferred coding language or technology for continuous learning.
- Level 4 - Professional, should be focused on having Learners improve internal AppSec tactics.
- Level 5 - Expert, focuses on learners sharing their passion with others and teaching about the importance and proper approaches to securing software.
Learners can progress to Security Champion activities in Levels 4 and 5, which support building a Security Champions program via our Champion Passport feature. This feature enables admins to create custom activities using a wizard.
Compliance-Based Learning Paths
If your organizations have compliance requirements to meet and maintain, Security Journey’s Compliance-Based Learning Paths make it easy.
Our platform offers collections of lessons that can help you achieve compliance goals with ease and take your AppSec knowledge and skills to the next level.
Compliance-based paths come with only one level, and admins can generate reports to understand and verify learner completion. Each learning path contains 24 lessons or fewer, designed to use your team's valuable time efficiently.
Available Compliance-Based Paths:
- OWASP - Learners will complete videos introducing the key vulnerability concepts and then be asked to work through hands-on lessons to identify, prevent, and remediate top vulnerabilities.
- PCI - Learners will understand how to safeguard customer data through the completion of lessons on threat modeling, secure coding best practices, and practical offensive and defensive exercises.
- Executive Order - Learners will be able to create web applications that meet the Executive Order’s requirements and protect customer data.
Put Your Learners on the Path to Success
Security Journey's Recommended Learning Paths and Compliance-Based Learning Paths provide a comprehensive and efficient approach to application security training.
The paths are designed to take the guesswork out of choosing lessons, achieve regulatory compliance, ensure targeted training, and improve internal AppSec tactics.