Create a Security Culture That Squashes Vulnerabilities Before They Ever Impact Your Customers
Security Journey is an engaging application security training program that gets your entire team on the same page so you can ship secure software and avoid costly security breaches.
Does It Feel Like Everyone’s Speaking
a Different Language About Security?
If you want to get everyone on the same page when it comes to security, you need training that is:
- Broad enough to promote security awareness across the entire organization—because anyone with an email address is a potential vulnerability.
- But it also needs to be specific enough to train software developers, testers, and managers on secure coding practices—because generic “don’t click on phishing links” training won’t teach anyone how to actually ship secure software.
- And, most challenging of all, it needs to be engaging, motivating, and fun to watch—because you can’t turn knowledge into results if the training is putting people to sleep.
That’s why Security Journey is built to do all three. With our program, your team members earn Security Belts—from white to yellow, green, brown, and the coveted black—as they watch videos, demonstrate understanding, and ultimately complete tasks that will keep your company secure long after they finish the training.
White Belt will provide the foundational awareness you need across the entire organization, while Yellow, Green, Brown, and Black dive deeper into the role-specific training your technical team members need to keep your products secure.
The Belt progression will keep your team engaged and motivated by giving them a clear end goal with rewards and recognition along the way.
How Security Journey Increases
Awareness and Keeps Developers Interested
Each Security Belt level will guide your team through a series of quick, engaging videos and assessments that build a foundation of security awareness and skills. Both you and your team members can see their progress tracked in real time as they advance.
1. Learn Secure Coding Practices from Seasoned Experts
Our video lessons let your team be a fly on the wall in conversations with security experts discussing real-world challenges that apply to the work they’re doing every day.
2. Solidify Understanding with Intelligent Assessments
Quick assessments make sure your team is retaining what they learn. When they demonstrate understanding, they unlock the next lesson and get one step closer to earning their belt.
3. Track Progress as Employees Earn Security Belts
Security Belts give employees a sense of accomplishment as they advance, and our analytics dashboard gives you full visibility into their progress.
Get the free ebook “The Top 10 Threats to Your Application’s Security”
What Executives and Security Pros
Are Saying About Security Journey
Director of Solutions Architecture and Security at Healthwise
“The team has been overwhelmingly positive about Security Journey. They like the casual nature of the training—it’s almost like a podcast, while still nailing the most important pieces. Then the assessments solidify the understanding.”
Cyber Defense Architect at Trimble
“The chat show style of training video makes learning very simple, and is supplemented with links to relevant resources and a short assessment to ensure the key learning outcomes are reached.”
Senior Software Consultant at Living IT
“This is my go-to recommendation for companies who want to improve their security knowledge and strengthen their culture without having to invest in doing it all themselves.”
Just a Few of the Organizations Training Their Teams with Security Journey
Fast signup. No credit card required.
A Complete Curriculum for
Creating a Self-Sustaining Security Culture
The pace of change in application security is staggering. As the number of frameworks, languages, and technologies rise year after year, so do the number of vulnerabilities and attacks hackers can use to breach products and sensitive data.
Tools will come and go, but the processes and culture your organization builds around security can last forever. That’s why our Security Belt program is designed to help you build a security culture that will sustain itself no matter how quickly things continue to change.
Security White Belt Gives Your Team a Shared Security Vocabulary and Foundation
It’s hard to increase security awareness when people don’t even know the same terminology. White Belt gives employees a shared foundation that will improve communication and prioritize security throughout your entire organization. The lessons and assessments will take them through:
- Critical security concepts, terms, and fundamentals like: vulnerabilities, the secure development lifecycle, privacy and customer data protection, OWASP, open source / third party software threats, and more
- The most common types of attacks and attackers
- The threat landscape in IoT, Cloud, Mobile, and bleeding-edge technologies
Security Yellow Belt Gives Developers In-Depth Understanding of the Principles, Tools, and Processes That Will Keep Your Products Secure
After White Belt sets the foundation, Yellow Belt takes your technical staff deeper into the topics that are most critical to keeping your products secure. By the end, they’ll understand:
- The most important principles of security: secure design, input validation, authentication, authorization, logging, and cryptography
- How to combat the most common and dangerous kinds of attacks: OWASP Top 10, buffer overflows, denial of service, and the social engineering techniques hackers use to breach systems
- The tools and processes that will uncover and mitigate vulnerabilities: threat modeling, static and dynamic analysis, vulnerability scanning, pen testing, and more
Security Green Belt Offers Testers, Developers, and Managers the Job-Specific Security Knowledge They Need to Thrive in Their Roles
Different roles have different responsibilities—that’s why Green Belt lets your team members dive deep into the security skills and tools that apply to the specific roles they have in your organization.
- Developers will learn exactly how to write secure code and catch errors early
- Testers will be able to use white and black box techniques, pen testing, and other critical testing tools and processes that dramatically reduce vulnerabilities
- Managers will learn how to lead their teams to improved security, allocate the right resources, and give developers and testers the support they need to thrive
Security Brown and Black Belts Transform Awareness into Action and Sustain Your Organization’s Security Culture
The Brown and Black Belt modules walk your team through performing actual security tasks to strengthen your software development lifecycle and security processes. They’ll be able to:
- Take on leadership roles in your organization’s security culture and sustain its growth long after they’ve completed the training program
- Improve the systems and processes that strengthen your application security
- Mentor and teach other developers as they begin their own security journey
Plus…Keep Security Top-of-Mind with Security Drips
You can also automatically enroll your team in Security Drips—weekly bite-sized lessons they can consume in 15 minutes or less to stay engaged with security year-round.
Each Security Drip is delivered via email, complete with a short 2-3 minute video and security experiment that will give them hands-on experience.
No Complicated Setup—We’ll Get Your Entire Team Up and Running Fast
Whether you want to incorporate Security Journey into your Learning Management System using SCORM, or you want the training in your own cloud-based Security Dojo with SAML authentication, we’ll provide you with a turnkey system that just works.
It’s Not All on You—Security Can Finally Be Everyone’s Job
Ready to See Security Journey for Yourself?
Try It Free and See How Engaging
the Right Kind of Training Can Be
Fast signup. No credit card required.